Wednesday, November 12, 2014

11.12.14


The Crafty Wino


Well it's that time again! Join me and Aubrey from High-Heeled Love for Wino Wednesday! Once a month, the second Wednesday to be precise, we're linking up wine related posts. Vineyard recaps, craft projects, new favorites, the possibilities are endless, just like the perfect bottle of wine!

Ground Rules:
Display the button in your post.
Link up in the linky below.
Pay a visit to the others in the link-up!

So last month was my one year anniversary. (All together! Awww!) Because I'm such a wino and we LOVE fall, we decided to go for a drive into the mountains and visit a new vineyard!

I'd heard about Burntshirt Vineyards back in the summer for the first time and it's only a thirty minute drive if you take the interstate. Of course we turned it into an hour drive to check out all the fall foliage.

The tasting room was packed! They had a guy playing some live music and the place was bright and cheery. I'd love to go again sometime.

I was actually really impressed with their Estate White Wine. I'm normally not a fan of white wines. They are either way too dry for me, or far too sweet. I actually liked the Estate White though. It was a blend of GrĂ¼ner Veltliner with Traimenette, Vidal Blanc and Petite Manseng. Those were new to me, and perhaps that is why I liked it. It wasn't too sweet but it didn't have that bite I associate with white wines either.

Of course my favorites were reds. Their Altitude 3400 was a fantastic red blend and their Estate Rose reminded me of a phenomenal Red Moscato. We bought a bottle of each.

Because it's Hendersonville, known for their apples, they have an apple wine also. There was a coffeepot of mulled apple wine and it was incredible! We bought two bottles and a pack of mulling spices to bring home with us.

All in all it is definitely worth a trip if you're in the area. There is a very nice patio area to have a drink afterwards if you want to make a day of it and there are some pretty pathways you can walk. We missed the vineyard tour at 2:00pm but I'm sure that would be really interesting to do sometime also.

So, fellow winos, have you made any new discoveries lately?

2 comments:

tya6i said...

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.satta Result
‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.

Unknown said...

play bazaar

Play bazaar
satta king but do ask for explanations when you are lost.