Friday, January 4, 2013

Savor

So I completely missed it last year when everyone started picking anchor words and mantras instead of making resolutions, but I like it.

I have so many things that are automatically on the to-do list this year that making official resolutions just seems completely impractical. But the idea of giving myself something to focus on is very appealing to me. 

So this year my goal is to simply "savor".

Savor moments with family.

Savor the feeling of "rightness" when I help a client.

Savor lazy days in front of the fireplace with Jason.

Savor a good glass of wine.

Savor this short period in my life that I am "engaged". It won't come again, and I don't want to speed past any of it on my way to the next part.

I often hear people say that this is the "end of a chapter" or the "start of your story", but the way I see it, this is a chapter all it's own! I want to enjoy it.

So, that's my word.

Savor.

Did you choose a word for 2013? What is it?

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love this!! What a perfect word for 2013!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Beth said...

What a great word for this time in your life!!! Love it!
My word is Simplify. I'm so over all the drama and material things and blah blah - so I'm all about simplifying my life! :)

Here's to 2013! Maybe I'll actually get to meet my fellow SC Bloggers this year! :)

Aubrey S. said...

This word will be especially good for you with the wedding planning coming up.

Angelwithatwist said...

Me, being the rule breaker I am chose 2 words. But they go hand in hand to be one you have to have the other for it to be worth anything. I love savor. I think a lot of us miss the small stuff in life and forget how important they all are.

Modern Camelot said...

I love that you chose the word Savor...what a great list!

Sarah S. said...

I love the word you picked. I think everyone should savor even the smallest things.