Monday, January 7, 2013

Musical Mondays: Better Than Wine


So J and I did a lot of driving this weekend and we listened to a lot of different songs trying to pick what would be our first dance. This one didn't win, but it definitely made the reception playlist. I remembered it over the weekend. I loved this artist and this song in high school.



You ravished me with one look of your eyes
You, you are fair, you’re so fair, oh my love
Better than wine is your love
If you can’t find me it’s alright, oh my love
Stay with your friends, I will come speak to you
‘Cause you are mine, oh my love
And better than wine is your love

[Chorus]
Better than wine is your love, is your love
Better than wine is your love, is your love

You are beautiful, eyes like doves, oh my love
You have lips like jewels, hair of gold, oh my love
Wild as a vine is your love
But better than wine is your love

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
I tell you, my beloved
You cannot be replaced
With my left hand beneath your head
And my right arm around your waist
So take a deep breath
Because I feel a little drunk
But I’m in my right mind babe
And I know your love is so much …

[Chorus]

Any other amazing Reception Playlist suggestions?

5 comments:

Aubrey S. said...

I've never heard of Derek Webb, but it's definitely perfect for a reception. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica G. said...

Haven't heard this song in ages! Thanks for bringing back the memories. And? Perfect for a reception.

Miss Angie said...

Oh that is a lovely song, and I'm really loving it. I think I'll have to visit and listen to it a lot! Plus, it fits your blog! :) Loving it!

Thanks for linking up, and sharing that great sweet song!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard that song, but I love the book of the Bible that it is based on.

holli said...

Oh memories!! I love that song and havent heard it in ages.
I'll let you know what songs i come up with too