Monday, July 30, 2012

Motivation Monday (The Mountain won)

SweetSouthernGirl

So I was knocked down quite a few pegs this weekend. Remember Friday when I said I was going to make that mountain my bitch? Not so much.

It would seem that 13 years colors the memory, and it was a much harder hike than I recalled. It felt as though it were all steps. The first 30 minutes was a constant incline, and between my ragged breathing and the heat, I knew I'd bitten off more than I could chew!

So I have a new fitness goal. I want to climb Table Rock (without feeling as though I'm dying) by my birthday, which is just over a month away. I know I'm not giving myself a lot of time, but if I hadn't neglected my fitness routine the past few weeks I would have been better prepared. So I'm going to sit down and plan out my week to allow for not only jewelry making but also walking and exercising. 

Even though the mountain won, it was still a nice day. I took this pic before I realized I wasn't going to make it. Isn't it pretty!


Then this was when we were heading back. I'm sad, and sweaty. Yes, that is sweat. Gross.


But we went to the park headquarters and cleaned up and I changed, then we went to Victoria Valley Vineyards for a tasting and lunch. It was gorgeous. We ate on the terrace and this was our view.

We spent some time in the hot tub that night and my poor muscles needed it!

So next time will be better. I am still sitting at the same weight, so I need to really kick it into gear and start exercising again this week. I have a month to whip myself into shape to climb this dang mountain.


So what has you motivated this week?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

In the heat we have had to deal with the fact that you even attempted to climb it impresses me. You will whip it like no one's business next time hun.