Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

Hey Ya'll! Happy Independence Day!

I'm linking up with Courtney, Laura, Kimberly and Kristina for the Red, White and You Follower-Fest!

For those who haven't met me, I'm simple but random :)
This is me!


This is my sweetie, J.

This is my furbaby, Liam.


I live in a real small town in South Carolina and I love wine, coffee, and sweet tea. (I've got a thing for beverages, what can I say?)

Thanks for dropping by!

So, let me tell you about last night. I love my boyfriend so much, but sometimes he forgets to tell me things. Yesterday I was in a dress and cutesy sandals because I came over from work. We had dinner with his parents and then we were going to watch the fireworks show in their subdivision.

So after dinner we drive to their place and fish around for soccer chairs. Then they say, "Ok let's go." Now I'm from Inman. My aunt's subdivision is a quarter mile from one end to the other. So I'm thinking we're just walking down the street. Fifteen minutes later my naked thighs are rubbing together (Chub Rub) and my flimsy sandals are rubbing blisters on my feet. Five minutes after that we're still walking so I ask the question. "Where exactly are we going?" Apparently we're going to the pond. A pond which I've never seen, and that still doesn't tell me how close we are. When we got there I was literally in tears because my feet were in so much pain. I didn't want to draw attention to my wussy self, but J realized immediately. He was incredibly apologetic. When the show was over I walked back barefoot and he carried my chair for me. He also borrowed his mom's massaging foot bath and stopped to get me Chocolate Milk.

So we came home and I watched TV while I soaked my feet and did my patriotic nails for today.


This afternoon we're going to my friend Smash's house for a cookout. I'm going to make an awesome salad and the fruit salsa that I made for J's party Saturday.

What are you doing to celebrate Independence Day?

2 comments:

Rae Rae said...

We're going to the village at sandhills for music and fireworks

Jenn @ Party of One said...

That's sweet :) I HATE that- Chub rub- so funny I've never heard it called that but it's seriously awful. I'm glad you have a good one to take care of you :)