Monday, March 17, 2014

Shopping and Sharing

So, have you ever heard of the four steps of decorating? Yes? You must have been a design major in college (Jen!). If not, don't feel bad, I hadn't either. It makes decorating easy though! So for those of you who are more like me, let me share.


1) Focal Point/Framed Art

Ok, so who like me usually stopped here? I've got no shame saying that until I went to my friend's Celebrating Home/Home Interiors show, I usually just stopped when the pictures were hung.

2) Floral

Nope, I never did it. Honestly, I think I was just too lazy. I mean my grandmother owned a flower shop and I certainly knew how to arrange florals, I just never bothered.

3) Ambiance

Candles, lamps, etc. Basically lighting. I LOVE candles, but I don't always do a great job at making them a part of the decor. I just sort of pick one that smells good and put it out. Luckily I now have Scentsy accessories and some new gorgeous candles to fix that.

4) Signature Accessory

Now this is a problem I recognize. I OVER DO IT with the signature accessories. Wine candles, decorated wine bottles, glasses as votive holders.... basically less is more. The key is one signature piece per space.

I had a party this weekend and I'm getting pretty much everything I want right now for less than $50. How awesome! I'm inches away from getting it all for next to nothing, so I thought I'd share my party link so you guys could check it out and see if your space could use some new decor too!

It closes Thursday so shop away!

**Links are to the personal consultant pages of two ladies I shop with. If you order anything through the Celebrating Home link I could get some extra free stuff. This wasn't solicited in anyway so I don't really think this is necessary. But since I love this stuff, I'll give you more details :) **

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha I love that you called me out :) We all have our "things" we love to do and can do well. You love crafty things and I love to decorate. We just need to incorporate the two together for say...ahem something to go over my couch.....

Jules @ If I had 100 Dollars said...

Ugh, currently trying to decorate my new home. Definitely harder than it sounds! Slow and steady wins the race though, right? :)

Unknown said...

It may not be the person you are currently going to.
satta king
play bazaar