Sunday, January 5, 2014

Something old, something new... {Wedding Pictures}


Something Old: My great-grandmother's handkerchief (It came in very handy)

Something New: The Dress... of course!

Something Borrowed: My grandmother's ring. When my grandfather passed away she combined their wedding set into one ring and gave it to me to wear. Also, my sister's thumbprint ring. When Daddy died she bought a necklace with his thumbprint and I wore it also.


Something Blue: We cut a blue heart from one of my dad's old t-shirts and my sister's pinned it into my dress for me. I really wanted to do everything I could to have him with me that day.


Our Family that couldn't be with us.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I love all of the gorgeous, personalized touches that you put in your wedding. I think it's so sweet that you included bits and pieces from so many family members!

Aubrey S. said...

Such a sweet post! What a great way to include family momentos.

holli said...

You were such a beautiful bride! I did the blue shirt from my Dad too. It was pinned under my dress. I love the thumbprint! How did she do that?

Unknown said...

See now you have me all boo hoo eyed with the sweetness and sentimentality of the whole thing..

Miss Angie said...

How sweet! I love it, and you made such a beautiful bride!

Miss Angie said...

How sweet! I love it, and you made such a beautiful bride!