Thursday, December 20, 2012

"The Story"


So Sunday morning when we woke up, Jason made me my favorite breakfast.

Then we started to unpack boxes and assemble the tree. I realized we were both in our PJs and since I was probably going to snap some pictures to share here I suggested we go ahead and get ready. Once we'd showered and gotten dressed I set about hanging ornaments. I wasn't exactly dressed up. I was letting my hair dry curly and I had on jeans and my new wine-ista t-shirt. 

When we'd finished decorating I was walking around making notes of things I still needed to find and stuff like that. Jason kept trying to make me look under the tree but I didn't pick up on it. 

When we started dating he bought me an ornament for the tree, and last year he did the same. So when he finally got me to look under the tree I was all "Oh you got me an ornament!" So I sat down and opened the box and tried to take it out.


Jason's behind me saying, "No, just pick it up and look at it." So I did and I see that what I had initially thought was an ornament was a Christmas Scene in a clear display box and what was shining like a diamond on the top of this tree was actually an earring. Of course my response is, "You got me earrings? Well where is the other one?" (In a happy voice, I wasn't being a bitch or anything) When I turned around to see what he said he was on one knee with a beautiful ring in his hand.

Obviously I cried (a lot) and said yes (of course). Then we just sat and talked for a long time. We always tell each other everything and he had a lot of secrets he was ready to share.

He made the Christmas Scene himself, and it was originally intended to go inside a snow globe ornament. Unfortunately, the technology that ran the lights was a little too big to fit in the base. So instead of scrapping the plan or waiting, he improvised. He found some "snow" for this box and sat the piece down inside of it. When he decided he wasn't actually putting the ring inside the box, he wanted to distract me with something shiny while he got down on his knee. White Sapphire Earrings did the trick.

There was also a little Coffee Mug in the corner of the box. You've all seen this pin on pinterest I'm sure. We laughed about it and joked that if he tried something like that with me he'd have to wait all day. I rarely drain a coffee cup before re-filling or reheating. 

So he made me a "Marry Me" mug that I could keep and hang on the tree.

Eventually we started calling family and made the rounds to see our parents. It was the perfect weekend, the perfect ring, and the perfect (for me) man. I'm soo happy.

Calling Mama (Still red-faced from crying)
 Unfortunately we didn't make any pictures with Jason's Parents, and we didn't think about it with my Dad on Monday either. But compliments of a camera-happy Jodi I have these gems to share :)

Literally coming in the door.

With the fam

Baby D checking out my new bling!

They bought us a cake, and we sipped some celebratory champagne.

Thanks for all of the congratulations here & on facebook and twitter.

13 comments:

Brenda from TotallyBrenda.com said...

what a sweet proposal. he's a keeper :D

Sara said...

Congrats! He did an awesome job planning the proposal.

matt0701 said...

That is so cool how he proposed! Congratulations to you both!

Amber said...

Aww! I love how much thought he put into the proposal. So sweet. Congrats friend!!

Unknown said...

I love this story! And I love you guys!

GoldenAmy said...

This is the sweetest thing!!! I'm so happy for you guys, you two are way too cute together!

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, this is precious! What a great story!! Congratulations!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Liddybird said...

Congratulations. I'm all choked up now! that was really sweet!

Sarah S. said...

awww.... Congrats again! I love the little cake to celebrate :)

Babes Mami said...

Awww, I love this and love you guys!!

Amber K said...

What a creative guy you have! :) Congrats again! Being engaged is a lot of fun :)

Aubrey S. said...

So, so sweet. He did such a good job!

Miss Angie said...

Congrats! That's sooo exciting!