Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Chatter with Myranda


Talk to Me Tuesday is a weekly feature where I chat with some of the coolest bloggers on the web!

Today I'm chatting with Myranda!




My name is Myranda and I blog over at Pretty Living PDX, I blog about the everyday life of being a momma to 3 beautiful little girls and wife to 1 amazing man. I am working on losing 60 pounds, and I hope to lose 10 by the end of November. 





D: Ok Myranda, first three questions! Where are you? What are you wearing? and What are you drinking?

M:  I am sitting at my desk in my living room, I am drinking a Starbucks eggnog steamer, and I am wearing my hoodie, jeans and slippers!

D: Sounds cozy!

M: I am cozy, it's been a long day and it's not over yet!

D: True! So tell me about your Christmas Traditions!

M: Every Christmas Eve we go caroling around to our friends and family. We also all get Christmas PJ's on Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning we eat sticky buns that spend all night rising. We wake up and they bake as we open gifts and see what Santa brought us.

D: That sounds so nice! Do you have any extended family gatherings on Christmas?

M: My grandma and uncle usually come over for dinner and we also go to my in-laws so my girls can see their grandparents and cousins, but none of my other extended family lives close by.

D: I'm from a small town so all of my family is nearby. I start making the rounds the night before Christmas Eve!

M: Wow that is crazy! You must be super busy during holidays, but it would be fun!

D: Yeah, it's crazy frantic, but it can be a lot of fun. Do you have any decorating traditions?

M: Hmmmm...well we don't ever do a themed Christmas tree, and it's not fancy. We love to go shopping the day after Christmas at Hallmark for ornaments, so we have an assortments of ornaments that are almost all characters or cute little animals. No colored balls here!

D:  That's fun! I started with colored balls but over the past 7 years I've collected a lot of ornaments. I actually started collecting them when I travel. It makes more sense to me than coffee mugs or shot glasses that clutter the cabinets!

M: That is a good idea, I have never bought an ornament from somewhere I traveled, I love it!

D: It's a great way to display the memories once a year and keep them packed away otherwise!

M:  I am going to copy your idea and start doing that. Do you do Elf on the Shelf?

D:  I don't have any kids, So no *grin*, but I hear a lot about it! Do you guys have an elf?

M:  I actually just ordered one, so we are going to this year. I am not sure how I feel about it yet, the face kind of creeps me out!

D:  It strikes a weird cord with me. Seems like it would be scary for a kid; creepy elf sneaking around? Reporting your every move to Santa? *laughs* Some stuff does look fun though. How old are your little ones?

M:  I know, the girls are excited but we will see... they are 5, 3 and 1.

D: Oh fun!

M:  Usually but on days like today? Kind of makes me want to pull my hair out! Let s just say I can't wait for bedtime *grin*

D:  I have a three year old cousin that is around a lot. She can be a lot of fun, but she can be a handful, I can't imagine having three!

M: Yes they can be a handful, but I really wouldn't have it any other way * smiles*

D:  I'm sure you wouldn't! Do you guys have anywhere to drive around looking at Christmas Lights?

M: Yes we have somewhere called Peacock Lane where every single house gets all decorated and it is super busy buy really fun to go look at each year. You can either drive or walk down the street. 

D: That's fun! There is a small zoo here that does a huge Christmas display; lights, petting zoo, the works. You can drive through and feed the reindeer. It's fun!

M: That would be fun, my girls would really love to see reindeer and truth be told so would I .

D: So what kind of traditions did you have growing up? Any that you've carried over with your kids?

M: When I was growing up we also did the Christmas PJ's and I still do that with my girls. It is funny because both my mom and my MIL do the Christmas Eve PJ's so my girls each get 3 pairs, there is no pajama shortage here! *laughs*

D: Wow, I might move one of those to Thanksgiving so they have a pair to wear all season :) I usually end up with a pair of Christmas PJs from somewhere, but not always the same place.

M:  I know I have considered not buying them a pair but my hubby vetoed that idea.

D: Tradition is tradition!

M: That is what he says!

D: Well Myranda, it's been nice chatting with you!

M: It has been nice chatting, thank you!

How about you? What are your Christmas Traditions?

No comments: