Friday, December 7, 2012

All about me!


So today's post is All about me!


I've been trying to open myself up a little more on the blog and a few weeks ago I posted to ask for your questions. I got a few.

What is my biggest regret?
What is something I did in High School that my parents still don't know about?
Have I ever done anything horrible in my existence? If so did I regret it? If so, how did I cope?

I had to really think about if there was anything I did I haven't told my parents about. Honestly, there isn't. As an adult the Sunday lunch conversation often turns to things we got away with as kids. I can say with some confidence that I don't think there is anything my mom doesn't know about.

As for the questions about regret. I'd like to say I live my life with no regrets, but that's just a pretty saying. I don't dwell on the past because I can't change it, but there are things that I regret. I regret some of the harsh things I've said in anger. I (sometimes) regret that I didn't pursue a law degree. I regret some of the opportunities that I passed on out of fear. But overall? I'm very happy with my life. I've struggled financially, and I've had multiple run-ins with the monster known as depression, but I'm pleased with the person that I am, and I am happy in my circumstances.

I don't think I've ever done anything truly horrible. Perhaps there is someone out there who disagrees? But my answer would be no.

So then last week I had this idea to play a little game. I gave 10 questions and asked you all to send me your answers. I was going to award prizes to the top three. I said that my sister and bestie couldn't win, so I only had two people to play, lol.

Oh well! It was still fun.

So Carrie scored a 90 and Holli scored and 80!

Here are the answers:

1) What is my favorite drink? (I'll start you off with a gimme)
Wine! (Pinot Noir, specifically)
2) What is my boyfriend's name?
Jason
3) What is the name of my sister's blog?
Nursing 101
4) Who was my first Talk to Me Tuesday?
Kiki!
5) What was the second Just Cause Project?
Domestic Violence Awareness
6) Where do I live? (As close as you can figure)
South Carolina was good, Spartanburg was spot on
7) Did I take a vacation this year? Bonus: Where?
Yes! Charleston Area
8) What is my favorite TV Show? There are two acceptable answers, Bonus points for both.
Criminal Minds & Once Upon A Time
9) How many tattoos do I have?
4
10) What is one of my pet peeves? (There are a number of acceptable answers)
Lying in any shape or form. Hateful People. Talking on cell phones at the checkout, the list goes on...
Bonus: Who is my hairdresser and what is her blog?
Kari! She blogs at Karied Away!

So, do you feel like you know a little more about me? Still have questions? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree..."live with no regrets" is one of those pretty sayings that people toss around without really thinking about it. I think it's unhealthy to repress those feelings.

Amber said...

i love that you made a game out of it, so fun!

holli said...

I really wanted to play with out having to read (cheat). I think i did pretty darn good for the top of my head! This was fun.

Babes Mami said...

I forgot to play! I guess I can unsave that post haha