Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cooking Rolls with DJ

So today DJ, or just Dee to me, is guest posting for me. She has been dating my dad forever, I think of her as my step-mom and she is an awesome cook! She actually has three blogs, From Clover Cottage, Cottage Cuisine, and Clover Cottage Creations. She's in the midst of turning her detatched building in a small shop, and I can't wait until she gets it up and running.

 From Clover Cottage

Hi, I’m DJ from Clover Cottage and I’m so happy to be Danielle’s guest blogger today! I have a great
recipe that’s so easy to make and so yummy to eat. No one will believe that you created delicious
homemade rolls from only three ingredients, well four if you count the butter…

Ingredients:

2 cups self-rising flour

3 tablespoons mayonnaise (Duke’s)

1 cup whole milk

¼ stick butter for brushing the tops

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F


Measure the flour into a medium mixing bowl.


Add the mayonnaise to the flour.


Cut the mayonnaise into the flour with a fork until the mix is crumbly.


Add the milk a little at a time.


Mix after each addition of the milk. Take your time and only add the milk in small increments.


After adding the last of the milk it’s time to trade the fork in for a whisk and really get in there incorporating all of the milk into the batter.


Your batter should look like this.


Spoon the batter into an UNGREASED muffin tin. I used a mini muffin pan, but you can use any size.


Place the rolls into preheated oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.


Now it’s time for the fun part, brush melted butter over the tops and now for the best part…
Eat up! Hope you’ll give these a try, they’re so versatile that you can serve them with anything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks!

Beth said...

OH my gosh, this looks yummy!! I might have to try this out over the weekend!