In my former blogging life I used to do a Top Ten post on Tuesdays. I thought I'd resurrect that today.
The Top Ten Reasons I love August!
10. I can stop dreading leather seats for a few months. I hate sticking to the leather in J's car during the summer. I also hate wearing a tank top and not being able to relax because the seats are so hot!
9. My birthday is next month. So I'm not older yet, but I get to start the "all about me" process that leads up to "my day".
8. When I exercise (hiking, walking, etc.) I don't have to look like a gross fat girl anymore. Summer heat makes me sweat like a pig on the roaster.
7. Tax Free Shopping Anyone? Don't you love that you don't actually have to be a student to benefit from that one!
6. New clothes. The Fall Fashions are starting to come out and while I love my sundresses, I really really love fall clothes. Jeans, boots, scarfs, love it!
5. Costume Shopping. Perhaps I've mentioned my love of costumes before? I'm already planning Halloween this year.
4. Lunch Dates with friends are once again kid free! Don't judge me. You know that lunch dates with girlfriends just aren't as much fun when you have to censor yourself for the nosy 10 year old peering over the booth behind your head.
3. I can sit outside again for longer than 30 minutes without fear that the humidity is going to suffocate me. Dinner on the patio anyone?
2. I can use a hairdryer again! (Mine has been under a cabinet since May)
1. I'm going to the beach next week.... after school starts back.
What do you love about August?