Friday, July 13, 2012

The (not so) skinny on Danielle

I thought I'd do a real down and dirty get to know me post. I was looking at all my 'about me' type link-ups and my SSG page was so vague I scrapped it altogether.

So here it is.

I am 27 years old, I live in SC, and I have an amazing boyfriend, J.

I have a variety pack of 4 sisters and I am the oldest. It's a yours, mine, ours, and theirs situation.
Daddy's Girls
Mama's Girls (w/mama)

My sister, and my dad's girlfriend are both bloggers and you should check them out. 

I work for a Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault non-profit agency where I've been for a little over 4 years now. 

I am a Christian.

I am a Liberal.

I believe in and advocate for equal/civil/human rights.

I like to get involved in causes that I believe in.

I don't like to argue with people. I like to "discuss" politics but only with people who make the effort to be calm and open-minded and I strive to do the same.

When I get angry or offended I cry, and it's not pretty.

I have a thing for beverages. I know it's weird, but read any 'about me' I've ever written and you can bet that I probably talked about wine, coffee, sweet tea, or chocolate milk. 

I really love music. Like, a lot.

I am a big girl that wishes she were smaller, but I kinda love my big boobs and round booty.
I read a lot. I really enjoy a good book. I read erotic romance, main stream romance, literary fiction, chick lit, and crime thrillers. I'm not big on most paranormal (vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc.) though I do enjoy the witchcraft/magical elements occasionally. I have a book blog, Chaos, Coffee and a Bookshelf. I don't keep up with it as well as I do this blog, but I do post reviews there.

I'm kinda messy? Lol, my family would tell you this is an understatement. I'm rarely at home and when I am it seems like I'm just unpacking to repack and be gone again. So I generally have clothes everywhere and random hygiene products scattered about. When I'm home for periods of time I do try to clean to make things pretty, but most of the time I'm not around long enough to bother.

I love making jewelry for my small business. I am the happiest when I am being creative. I would give anything to be able to put myself into being self-employed full-time. My dream is to own a coffee shop and gift boutique [Wired Essentials, starting to get it? :)]. I want to learn how to do glass work, metal work and pottery. I can't wait until the day I have my own studio space so that I can really get into these things!
I want children, but the idea of being responsible for another human being scares me to death, so I want to wait at least three years after I'm married before going there.

I love schedules and calendars and planners, but I don't keep them as well as I should.

I have a weird quirk when I brush my teeth. I will brush my tongue until I gag. I don't feel like my mouth is clean if I haven't done this. I thought I was really weird until the couple of years I lived with my dad and discovered that he did it too, and so did my baby sister. So it's apparently some strange inherited trait.

Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store I have a little bit of an obsession with sensuality. I love erotic romance, lingerie, massage candles, and other 'adult' novelties. I don't mind talking about it because I think that sexuality is a part of our personalities and if you ask my friends they will tell you it's a big part of mine.

I have high expectations. I expect a lot from myself (hence the super busy schedule and daily anti-anxiety pill) and I expect a lot from others. I don't have a lot of patience for people who aren't willing to do what they have to do to help themselves. This sometimes leads to ranting sessions that I later have to apologize for.

I love my friends. They are awesome and I can't imagine not having them in my life. 

I could probably keep going, but this post kinda got away from me. I hope you feel like you know me a little better now!





What do you think people should know about you?

6 comments:

DJ said...

That is one awesome post! And you are one awesome young woman! It makes me tired just to read about your schedule!

Amber in South Carolina said...

nice to get to know you more! i realized i had a thing for beverages when the last time i went shopping i came home with 10 options, haha. running out of something to drink must be one of my greatest fears i never realized ;)

Chloe said...

I think it's awesome that you'll post about sexuality on here! Most people find it taboo and when I find somebody that doesn't, I want to give them a big hug =)

Have a great weekend

Chloe
xoxo

April Jech said...

great post! i agree w/ Chole way to talk about sexuality "bay-bee!"
that songs going to be stuck in my head today. excellent!

Corbin Charbonneau said...

Danielle you are so beautiful!! I love this post.

By the way I also nominated you for the Liebester Award!!!
http://love4ever913.blogspot.com/

Corbin

JKT said...

I do the same thing when I'm brushing my teeth! I agree if I don't do it I don't really feel like I've cleaned well enough. So funny, glad you can relate ;)