Friday, June 8, 2012

Recipe: Taco Dip

Tonight we are celebrating the birthday of a very special girl and Jen asked me to bring Taco Dip.

I was happy to oblige. I love Taco Dip. It's easy to make and my mom used to make it all the time for dinner. I'm bringing it as an app, but you can easily make a meal off of it.

So I thought I'd share it with you. I know this isn't a food blog, but I think it's a really delicious meal. AND when I make it my way, it works when I'm trying to lose weight.

Here's what you need:



Lean Ground Beef
2% Milk Velveeta
Taco Seasoning
Baked Doritos

So, I used 2lbs of meat because I was making enough for me and the party. But I'm going to tell you how to make it using one pound so it's easy to adjust.

1) Brown the ground beef. Drain the meat and place it back in the boiler.

2) Add 1/4 cup of water for each pound of beef you use.

3) Add your Taco Seasoning. If you buy it by the pack use one pack per pound. I buy it buy the canister because I prefer more seasoning. For two pounds I used nearly a 1/4 cup of seasoning.

4) Next you will add your Velveeta. If you've ever cooked with Velveeta you know that the foil wrap has marks for every 4 ounces of cheese. I normally use 4 ounces per pound. Because this batch was intended as a party appetizer I added an extra 2 ounces per pound.


5) Once you've let the cheese melt and mixed it well, you're done! If you like it hot, add Tabasco sauce! If you want more of a chunky dip, add a can of salsa. Obviously you can adjust the amount of Velveeta to your taste, same for the seasoning.

Now, grab those Doritos and scoop to eat!

When I had mine for dinner I sliced up a tomato to get my veggies for the night.


So, I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's yummy I know, because I've had it before when you've made it! Did you pin it on Pinterest? Just wondered!