Monday, March 5, 2012

Mondays with Missie: Old Habits Die Hard

Photobucket
"Hey Missie", his voice was steady, and he didn't seem surprised to see her. Of course he wasn't, he'd approached her so clearly he'd had time to compose himself. Damn him.

"Hey Brian, how are you?" Missie tried not to stutter and resisted the urge to reach her hand up and smooth her hair. 

"I'm good how about you? Hey Tommy." He nodded at Tommy who'd leaned back in the booth and crossed his hands over his chest. He simply nodded in response.

"I'm good." Missie kept it simple. She wasn't sure of herself enough to try for anything further, and she wasn't sure she really wanted to prolong this conversation. She smiled and Brian nodded.

"Maybe I'll see you around." He nodded to Tommy and walked away. Missie watched his shoulders as he made his way through the restaurant. She found herself engulfed with emotions. She recalled the intense pain when he left her before, and the boiling anger over the way he'd ended it. 

Tommy must've seen the turmoil in her face because he reached across the table and grabbed her hand, "Let it go Missie. There's nothing good that can come of you rehashing this again."

He was right, she knew he was right, but when she glanced back toward Brian walking out the door he stopped and turned back to look at her again. Their gaze met, and she knew she hadn't seen the last of him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loving your new page.. I don't have all the kinks worked out in mine yet.. sighs. As much as Blogger was ticking me off I am not too sure QP hasn't pushed me there sooner lol. I have to figure out how to put everyone's buttons on my blog there..shoot me now please lol