Tuesday, February 14, 2012

His Kind of Crazy

I saw this link-up at From Mrs to Mama and thought I just had to do it. I mean, it's Valentine's day right?!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
J and I have been together for a year and three months :)

I love this picture because I didn't know it was being taken.
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met online actually! We were both on OKCupid and I stumbled across him. Although he told me later he'd bookmarked my profile and just hadn't gotten the nerve to put together an e-mail yet!
I was upfront with him about all of my craziness and quirks and he still fell in love with me :) I'm so very lucky!


3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
Not married... yet. It's in the plan though.


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
I'm thinking ours will be a small wedding. He recently showed me this outdoor chapel in northern Greenville County and I think it would be the perfect place for us.


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Nicknames? Not really. We abuse the "babe" endearment. I used to hate that one too, but somehow it just felt natural once we were together.


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is kind, and he reminds me to be kind.
He is loyal, even when he might have a good reason not to be.
He is affectionate, and while I often pick on him because I'm not as comfortable with PDA as he is, it is wonderful to be able to actually see how much he loves me.


7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
I don't have an ideal proposal in my head. Aside from wanting it to be private, I don't like big scenes. Not to mention I'm going to probably go into an ugly cry and nobody needs to see that! I'll just be excited to reach that point.


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
More the later. He got me a token stuffed animal at Christmas just because he hadn't yet, which I thought was funny. And while I've gotten flowers before, it was a bigger deal when he had a dozen gourmet chocolate covered strawberries delivered to my office once :)


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I'm definitely all about the movies on the couch. I love to cuddle up with my man and relax!


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I don't even know! It would involve a fireplace and a bottle of good wine though, preferably somewhere with amazing floor to ceiling windows and an amazing view!


11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Tonight we are just going to have a nice dinner in. We may do something else this weekend but with both of us working it would have been hard to make any big plans tonight.


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
No. I don't ask for Valentine's Day gifts, at least I haven't. I guess I feel like it's whatever he wants to do. I'd be happy with a sweet card and just hanging out.


13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
A lot of honesty, and a little bit of work. We haven't been together as long as some so it doesn't take too much work at this point, but we do make it a point to be incredibly honest about everything. 


14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Obviously this isn't us. But I hope one day it will be :)




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Danielle! I followed you over here from another blog on the Tuesday Hop. What a lovely idea, even if it isn't yours. ;) Think I might need to borrow it!

Rae Rae said...

How sweeet :)

Monica said...

Danielle,
I love that picture of you and your boyfriend with the mountains in the back ground! Your right the ones taken without your knowledge sometimes turn out to be the best ones!
Monica

Babes Mami said...

That is a picture of Chris and I from the future bwhaha. We did dinner at home and went to bed early, easy and simple like us.