Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday Tunes {2.5.13}


So My buddy Holli from Holli's Hoots and Hollers is Hosting Tuesday Tunes with Lauren from Outside the Frame. So I thought I would link-up with them today. During the past few weeks it's hard to listen to the radio. It seems like every time a good upbeat, make me happy kind of song went off, something like "I drive your truck" was right behind it and I would dissolve into tears.

My sister and I both really love music, and her best friend made her a really awesome mix CD to get her through the long car rides and the quiet nights. There have been two songs in particular that have really helped me.



1. Over You by Miranda Lambert. It's sad, but unless I'm actually looking at pictures when I listen to it, it soothes me more than anything.

WordPress plugin

2. His eye is on the sparrow. I knew the hymn, but my sister introduced me to this version and I'm in love. It definitely helps me center myself when things are starting to feel off-balanced again. (I don't imagine that will ever really stop.)


Do any of you have songs that have helped you through loss or difficult times? I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

holli said...

Oh these are WONDERFUL songs. I love the first one by Miranda and you cant help but get choked up.Do you know the story behind it? Its about Blakes brother.
To be honest when i lost my grandfather who raised me most of my life, i only wanted to hear fast hard rock and roll to distract me. The Counting Crows were huge then and i also wore that CD out.
I appreciate you linking up today (minus the link. LOL).
Love you and sending you big hugs.