Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Recipe: Feta Topping

So, I recently saw the Feta Dip recipe circulating on Pinterest and remembered that my aunt made something really similar to this that we ate with wheat crackers at cookouts. This entire thought process happened while I was hungry and doing my weekend meal planning.

So I got to thinking, that would be yummy on a potato, or a sandwich. The rest is history.


Feta Topping
Serving Size: 1/3 Cup
84 Calories
6.5g Fat
2.5. Carbs
5g Protein

I gathered my ingredients:


Athenos Reduced Fat Feta
Tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1) Dice one tomato per container of Feta

2) Chop Fresh Basil (Approximately 2 tablespoons)

3) Mix tomatoes, Feta and Basil in a bowl and and pour one tablespoon of olive oil into the mixture. Stir to coat.

Once I had the topping mixed I added it to a baked potato. I popped it in the oven on broil for a few minutes to give the tomatoes a roasted flavor. Yum!


The next day, we grilled some chicken and had chicken sandwiches with Feta Topping. I popped this in the oven too to toast the bread and give the tomatoes the roasted flavor. I used this recipe for Baked Sweet Potato Fries and we had the best meal I think I've had all month!


Only 84 calories a serving and 5g of Protein, this was an excellent way to add some flavor to our meals this weekend. I hope you enjoy it!




No comments: